PO Box 244, Chester, Nova Scotia, B0J 1J0
The Assiniboia Chamber of Commerce is an organization of businesses seeking to further their collective interest while advancing their community, region, province and nation.
The Assiniboia Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit organization with members from all size of businesses; single entrepreneurs, small, medium and large enterprises, home-based businesses, not-for-profit and community organizations. We work together to build a healthy economy that benefits West Winnipeg.
The St. James Board of Trade obtained its charter on March 19, 1930. It became the St. James Chamber of Commerce in 1950. In 1969, the Assiniboia Chamber, which had been formed in 1959 amalgamated with the St. James Chamber to become the St. James-Assiniboia Chamber of Commerce.
At the 1996 Annual General Meeting the name was modified again to The Assiniboia Chamber of Commerce to reflect the current reality of the part of the City of Winnipeg that the Chamber represents.
Our service territory encompasses the western half of the City of Winnipeg commencing at St. James Street and all points to the north, west and south to the city limits. This includes the airport area, Centreport, Red River Exhibition Park, Assiniboia Downs complexes as well as the Kenaston Boulevard Power Centres.
Major intersection, Portage Avenue across from Assinboine Park